Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Yo.. Yo.. Yo..

Hey guys! Christmas and New Years are over and its been back to work and school as usual. I recently started my internship again and that has been keeping me busy (yes, with all that extra time I had to spare.)

Besides the fact that I officially have my entire day scheduled from now until September life is GREAT! Classes are once again fantastic and we are starting the advising process for our Spring Trimester.

Which leads me to this topic: Advising. Whether or not you go to Mercyhurst - which you should - this is something that you are going to have to do. Some things that I've learned over the years?

1 - LISTEN TO THEM! I mean come on.. they are getting the big bucks to help you!
2 - They are there to HELP, not plan your life. So don't go into an advising session expecting them to lay out everything for you. That's the cool thing about college, you actually get to pick and choose what you want to take and when you want to take it.
3 - 8:00 a.m.'s? Not as bad as you think. Ok, Ok, they can seem brutal.. AT FIRST, but really it's so nice to get your classes out of the way in the morning to leave you with your afternoons free for.... studying!
4 - Make sure that you have everything you need. i.e. the schedule you made and some alternate courses.
5 - Be on time!

The first couple times I had advising I was a little ummmm unorganized to say the least, but I was really lucky to have a great adviser who really helped me get everything in order. (**cough** **cough** Mrs. Kim Zacherl!!)

Rachel's Thought of the Day/Week: Paint a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment